THE blue and gold army waited 613 days between away victories.
Funnily enough, the victories had an eerie similarity between them.
The 25-18 win against Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night had several parallels between their last away win on July 31, 2012 against Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium on a Friday night, 42-22.
Ten spring to mind:
1. Obviously the same venue, team and day the game was played.
2. Chris Sandow was man of the match in 2012 and 2014. On Friday night he was in everything, had a hand in three of the Eels tries and kicked a 40-metre field goal and scored two tries.
3. Brad Arthur was caretaker coach in 2012 and full-time coach in 2014. The 2012 victory was his first game taking over from Stephen Kearney.
4. Brad Arthur's calm response after the wins. In 2012 his reaction was "it's only one game" and in 2014 he said: "it's a great win but we've still got plenty to improve on".
5. In 2012, Ben Hunt came on as a reserve and set up two tries for Brisbane. Last Friday, he set up two tries, including one for himself.
6. Justin Hodges came back from injury on Friday night. In 2012 he was a late withdrawal with injury.
7. Corey Norman scored a try for Brisbane in 2012. In 2014, he played a part in two tries for Parramatta.
8. In 2012, there was one missed shot at goal from 10 attempts. In 2014, there was one missed goal from eight attempts.
9. Parramatta scored two tries in the second in both games.
10. The blue and gold hookers crossed in each game and have the same first name (Nathan Smith and Nathan Peats).