Our Sportsperson of the Week is figure skater Stephanie Zhang.
Suburb: Rouse Hill
Club: Sydney Figure Skating Club
Biggest achievement to date: Winter Olympics 2002.
Ultimate goal: To train an Olympic champion.
1. What sports do you take part in?
2. How often do you play / practice?
Five days a week.
3. What is your greatest achievement so far?
Representing Australia at the Winter Olympics and the Goodwill Games.
4. When is the next competitive sporting event you will take part in?
Focus right now is training my students. We have various national events to participate with the ultimate aim of the Olympic qualifying.
5. What do you hope to achieve?
I want to give Australia its first Olympic figure skating gold medallist. There is so much talent and potential in this beautiful country of ours and it will be an honour to be able to train an up and coming champion in the sport I love.
6. What is the best thing about competing in your sport?
Skating gives you the arena to showcase raw talent and freely express yourself and that’s what I love the most.
7. Do you have a role model/inspiration in the same field?
Oksana Baiul was 16-years-old when she won Olympic gold in 1994 and overcame many obstacles before winning the title. A true champion.