Our Sportsperson of the Week: Liam Bowles.
Liam is 11, lives in Glenwood and plays for both the Baulkham Hills Hawks and Winston Hills Warriors.
1. What sports do you take part in?
AFL, rugby, baseball and swimming.
2. How often do you play / practice?
I swim four times a week, train in AFL once a week and play once a week. In summer I train for baseball twice a week and play once a week.
3. What is your greatest achievement so far?
Overall MVP for the 2013-2014 Baseball season. Parramatta diocese rugby team.
4. What was the last competitive sporting event you took part in?
Sunday AFL at our home ground Baulkham Hills.
5. What do you hope to achieve?
To win and kicking a goal.
6. What or who first inspired you to take part in your sport and why?
My dad, because he is a great sports person and coach.
7. What is the best thing about competing in your sport?
I have fun and make friends.
8. What are your top tips for people starting out in your sport?
Teamwork! Always listen to your coach so you can improve.
9. Who is your biggest inspiration in sport and why?
Dave Dennis – he always has time to talk to the fans even though he is the captain of the Waratahs.